- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Ranch Expansion > Episode 4: Progress Update and Dormer Construction
Building a Gable Roof
Project: Ranch Expansion, Episode 4, Part 3
As the house begins to take on its new shape, Bob reviews overall progress made on the project. Next, Bob takes a trip to South Carolina, where he visits one of the oldest surviving plantations in the country-- 18th-century Drayton Hall. Back at the site, contractor Bob Ryley demonstrates how to build a gable end dormer into the new roof.
- Part 1: Architectural Modifications
- Part 2: Tour of Drayton Hall in South Carolina
- Part 3: Building a Gable Roof
- Contractor Bob Ryley demonstrates how to build a gable end dormer into the new roof.
Bob takes on the expansion of a 35 year-old ranch house in Wayland, MA. With an eye on the budget, projects include European kitchen cabinets, a state-of-the-art closet system for the master bedroom, custom built-in bookshelves, an eye-catching fan detail on the front façade, and a private deck off the master bedroom.
ALL EPISODES IN RANCH EXPANSION