- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Ranch Expansion > Episode 5: Roofing Shingles and Staircase
Building Basement Stairs
Project: Ranch Expansion, Episode 5, Part 3
Contractor Larry Landers demonstrates how to attach asphalt roofing shingles. Bob pays a visit to the Bonnet House Museum, an artist's wild jungle oasis in the heart of Fort Lauderdale, FL. On site, contractor Bob Ryley puts together a staircase connecting the first floor and basement.
- Part 1: Installing Roof Shingles
- Part 2: Touring the Bonnet House
- Part 3: Building Basement Stairs
- Bob helps contractor Bob Ryley plan and build a new staircase. Ryley explains the "rise over run" rule in designing stairs and measures the dimensions of the area.
Bob takes on the expansion of a 35 year-old ranch house in Wayland, MA. With an eye on the budget, projects include European kitchen cabinets, a state-of-the-art closet system for the master bedroom, custom built-in bookshelves, an eye-catching fan detail on the front façade, and a private deck off the master bedroom.
ALL EPISODES IN RANCH EXPANSION