- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Ranch Expansion > Episode 9: Waterproofing the Deck and Framing the Porch Roof
Framing the Porch Roof
Project: Ranch Expansion, Episode 9, Part 3
Bob checks in to see how the exterior trim is being applied on the new roof. He also monitors the master bedroom suite to oversee the waterproofing of the private deck with rubber roofing. Progress on the farmer's porch continues as carpenters frame the roof.
- Part 1: Applying Exterior Trim to the Dormer Window
- Part 2: Applying Rubber Roofing and Flashing
- Part 3: Framing the Porch Roof
- Bob confers with contractor Larry Landers, as Landers and his crew assemble the front porch framework on the Wayland project house. Landers goes on to explain how to marry the old roof with the new one.
Bob takes on the expansion of a 35 year-old ranch house in Wayland, MA. With an eye on the budget, projects include European kitchen cabinets, a state-of-the-art closet system for the master bedroom, custom built-in bookshelves, an eye-catching fan detail on the front façade, and a private deck off the master bedroom.
ALL EPISODES IN RANCH EXPANSION