- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Ranch Expansion > Episode 12: The Kitchen Door, Insulation, and Deck Railing
Insulating the Home
Project: Ranch Expansion, Episode 12, Part 2
Contractor Bob Ryley installs a new thermal-insulated glass kitchen door. Meanwhile, contractors begin work insulating the cathedral-ceilinged family room. On the master suite deck, carpenters are adding a sturdy railing.
- Part 1: Exterior Door Installation
- Part 2: Insulating the Home
- Insulation contractors Jim and John Case show Bob how to insulate the cathedral ceiling. To ensure airflow and prevent condensation buildup, channels are install between each rafter. Dense paper-backed R-30 fiberglass insulation is used.
- Part 3: Building the Porch Rail
Bob takes on the expansion of a 35 year-old ranch house in Wayland, MA. With an eye on the budget, projects include European kitchen cabinets, a state-of-the-art closet system for the master bedroom, custom built-in bookshelves, an eye-catching fan detail on the front façade, and a private deck off the master bedroom.
ALL EPISODES IN RANCH EXPANSION
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
More From Bob Vila