- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Ranch Expansion > Episode 13: Installing the Shower Pan and Recessed Lighting
Installing a Cement Backerboard in the Bathroom
Project: Ranch Expansion, Episode 13, Part 2
After a brief progress report, Bob follows the new stairs up to the master bedroom suite, where he helps contractor Larry Landers install a new shower pan and cementitious board in the bathroom. In the kitchen, the electrician shows off the newest in recessed lighting, the "high hat".
- Part 1: Progress Update Tour
- Part 2: Installing a Cement Backerboard in the Bathroom
- Bob meets contractor Larry Landers in the master bathroom, where a cement backerboard is cut and attached to the walls with galvanized screws.
- Part 3: Recessed Lighting Installation
Bob takes on the expansion of a 35 year-old ranch house in Wayland, MA. With an eye on the budget, projects include European kitchen cabinets, a state-of-the-art closet system for the master bedroom, custom built-in bookshelves, an eye-catching fan detail on the front façade, and a private deck off the master bedroom.
ALL EPISODES IN RANCH EXPANSION