- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Ranch Expansion > Episode 16: Applying Bathroom Tile and Deck Treatment
Building the "Floating" Deck
Project: Ranch Expansion, Episode 16, Part 3
With the installation of exterior clapboard almost complete, Bob looks at an eye-catching fan detail being applied to the front façade. Then contractor Larry Landers demonstrates how to cut bathroom floor tiles for a perfect fit, and the master bedroom deck receives a beautiful treatment (which is easier than it looks to put together).
- Part 1: Constructing a Clapboard Sunburst Fan
- Part 2: Laying Glazed Ceramic Floor Tiles
- Part 3: Building the "Floating" Deck
- The "floating" deck is built off the master bedroom, over the kitchen. Under the decking, rubber padding is placed.
Bob takes on the expansion of a 35 year-old ranch house in Wayland, MA. With an eye on the budget, projects include European kitchen cabinets, a state-of-the-art closet system for the master bedroom, custom built-in bookshelves, an eye-catching fan detail on the front façade, and a private deck off the master bedroom.
ALL EPISODES IN RANCH EXPANSION