- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Cape-Style Home > Episode 4: Staircase and Roof
Touring a Roofing Shingle Plant
Project: Cape-Style Home, Episode 4, Part 2
Carpentry contractor Bob Ryley builds a staircase from the first floor. Bob goes up and takes a tour of the new second floor to see the gable end raised, the ridge role set in place, and the rafters go up. Also, Bob tours the IKO roofing shingle plant in Wilmington, DE.
- Part 1: Building the First Floor Staircase
- Part 2: Touring a Roofing Shingle Plant
- Bob takes us on a tour of the IKO roofing shingle plant in Wilmington, DE.
- Part 3: Roof Construction
Bob Vila's first project for "Home Again" is a Cape Cod-style home in Marstons Mills, MA. Bob takes the viewer through all the steps of building a house from scratch: from architect’s plans and foundation digging to framing, cedar shingling, installing a heating system, and using artist’s paint techniques on the interior.
ALL EPISODES IN CAPE-STYLE HOME