- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Cape-Style Home > Episode 5: Ceiling, Roof, and Plumbing
Ceiling Joists and Roof Rafters
Project: Cape-Style Home, Episode 5, Part 1
Some demolition is done on the old ell to prepare it for renovation. Ceiling joists and roof rafters go up in the new section of the house, and some rough plumbing work is done. Bob and carpentry contractor Bob Ryley discuss the budget.
- Part 1: Ceiling Joists and Roof Rafters
- Some demolition is done on the old ell to prepare it for renovation, while ceiling joists and roof rafters go up in the new section of the house.
- Part 2: Rough Plumbing Work
- Part 3: Completing the Raftering
Bob Vila's first project for "Home Again" is a Cape Cod-style home in Marstons Mills, MA. Bob takes the viewer through all the steps of building a house from scratch: from architect’s plans and foundation digging to framing, cedar shingling, installing a heating system, and using artist’s paint techniques on the interior.
ALL EPISODES IN CAPE-STYLE HOME