- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Cape-Style Home > Episode 6: Bulkhead, Trim, and Roofing
Bulkhead Entrance and Trim
Project: Cape-Style Home, Episode 6, Part 1
Bob and carpentry contractor Bob Ryley install a bulkhead from a kit and put a trim (a soffet, facia, and drip edge) on the front façade. Contractor Kevin Benjer shows us the correct way to apply asphalt roofing shingles and a ridge vent.
- Part 1: Bulkhead Entrance and Trim
- Bob helps carpentry contractor Bob Ryley install a bulkhead from a kit and put trim (a soffit, fascia, and drip edge) on the front façade.
- Part 2: Continuing Work on the Bulkhead Entrance
- Part 3: Applying Asphalt Roofing Shingles
Bob Vila's first project for "Home Again" is a Cape Cod-style home in Marstons Mills, MA. Bob takes the viewer through all the steps of building a house from scratch: from architect’s plans and foundation digging to framing, cedar shingling, installing a heating system, and using artist’s paint techniques on the interior.
ALL EPISODES IN CAPE-STYLE HOME