- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Cape-Style Home > Episode 7: Joining the Old Ell
Installing the Wooden Window
Project: Cape-Style Home, Episode 7, Part 3
The old "ell" is joined to the new construction, with some demolition done to make room for a shed dormer and a slider door. Bob visits the Wes-Pine wooden window factory in Hanover, MA, then returns to help install a window at the project house. Bob and carpentry contractor Bob Ryley update the budget.
- Part 1: Working on the "Ell" and Shed Dormer
- Part 2: Visiting a Wooden Window Factory
- Part 3: Installing the Wooden Window
- Bob helps carpentry contractor Bob Ryley and his crew install a wooden window at the Cape Cod project house.
Bob Vila's first project for "Home Again" is a Cape Cod-style home in Marstons Mills, MA. Bob takes the viewer through all the steps of building a house from scratch: from architect’s plans and foundation digging to framing, cedar shingling, installing a heating system, and using artist’s paint techniques on the interior.
ALL EPISODES IN CAPE-STYLE HOME