- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Two-Family Greystone > Episode 3: Engineered Beams and Plumbing
New Water Service Connected
Project: Two-Family Greystone, Episode 3, Part 3
Bob and general contractor Ron Gan discuss the removal and shoring up of bearing walls, which are to be replaced by special engineered beams. Bob visits David Parker at Macmillan-Bloedel's Parallam Plant in Vancouver, BC to see how those beams are manufactured. Also, plumber Don McPoland shows us how the new water service is connected to the house.
- Part 1: Reviewing the Demolition
- Part 2: Tour of the Parallam Beam Factory
- Part 3: New Water Service Connected
- Plumber Don McPoland shows how the new water service is connected to the house.
Bob Vila tracks the progress of a two-family greystone in Chicago's Wicker Park neighborhood that is undergoing renovation. The project documents a low-budget upgrade of the building's two apartments and concludes with a decorator's tour showcasing the eye-catching results.
ALL EPISODES IN TWO-FAMILY GREYSTONE