- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Two-Family Greystone > Episode 5: Basement Excavation Begins
Excavating the Basement
Project: Two-Family Greystone, Episode 5, Part 1
Scott Smith's excavation crew digs out the basement to make room for a cement slab. Bob discusses heating systems for the rental units with installer Kirk Rustman, and general contractor Ron Gan explains the advantages of using metal wall studs in the kitchen.
- Part 1: Excavating the Basement
- The excavation crew digs out the dense clay material in the basement to clear the way for a cement slab floor.
- Part 2: Using Metal Wall Studs in the Kitchen
- Part 3: Discussing Heating Systems
Bob Vila tracks the progress of a two-family greystone in Chicago's Wicker Park neighborhood that is undergoing renovation. The project documents a low-budget upgrade of the building's two apartments and concludes with a decorator's tour showcasing the eye-catching results.
ALL EPISODES IN TWO-FAMILY GREYSTONE