- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Two-Family Greystone > Episode 5: Basement Excavation Begins
Using Metal Wall Studs in the Kitchen
Project: Two-Family Greystone, Episode 5, Part 2
Scott Smith's excavation crew digs out the basement to make room for a cement slab. Bob discusses heating systems for the rental units with installer Kirk Rustman, and general contractor Ron Gan explains the advantages of using metal wall studs in the kitchen.
- Part 1: Excavating the Basement
- Part 2: Using Metal Wall Studs in the Kitchen
- General contractor Ron Gan explains the advantages of metal wall studs, as the studs are cut and installed in the kitchen, complete with plywood backing plates for use in cabinet installation.
- Part 3: Discussing Heating Systems
Bob Vila tracks the progress of a two-family greystone in Chicago's Wicker Park neighborhood that is undergoing renovation. The project documents a low-budget upgrade of the building's two apartments and concludes with a decorator's tour showcasing the eye-catching results.
ALL EPISODES IN TWO-FAMILY GREYSTONE