- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Chicago Coach House > Episode 4: Ceiling and Stairs
Touring the Parallam Beam Factory
Project: Chicago Coach House, Episode 4, Part 2
General contractor Ron Gan explains how a ledger board is attached to the masonry wall to support ceiling joists. Plus, Ron and carpenter John Pringle demonstrate a simple way to build a set of winding stairs. Bob visits Dave Parker in Vancouver, BC to see how Parallam beams are manufactured.
- Part 1: Garage Construction
- Part 2: Touring the Parallam Beam Factory
- Bob visits Dave Parker in Vancouver, BC to see how Parallam beams are manufactured.
- Part 3: Building Winding Stairs
A coach house in Chicago is reborn! This project includes gutting and rebuilding the interior structure, finishing the basement, and adding a roof dormer. Local artists even show Bob how to give the newly renovated home some panache with a creative, Chicago-style decorating approach and faux-finish painting techniques.
ALL EPISODES IN CHICAGO COACH HOUSE