- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Chicago Coach House > Episode 5: Roof Demolition
Removing the Roof
Project: Chicago Coach House, Episode 5, Part 1
The roofing crew strips several ancient layers of roofing. Bob explains how the new dormer will provide more living space, then visits the IKO roofing shingle plant in Wilmington, DE.
- Part 1: Removing the Roof
- The roofing crew strips several ancient layers of old roofing off the project house, leaving a section open for the installation of the new dormer.
- Part 2: Tour of the IKO Roofing Shingle Plant
- Part 3: Shed Roof Installation
A coach house in Chicago is reborn! This project includes gutting and rebuilding the interior structure, finishing the basement, and adding a roof dormer. Local artists even show Bob how to give the newly renovated home some panache with a creative, Chicago-style decorating approach and faux-finish painting techniques.
ALL EPISODES IN CHICAGO COACH HOUSE