- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian Kitchen & Bath Remodel > Episode 3: Exterior Trim and Spray-Foam Insulation
Project: Victorian Kitchen & Bath Remodel, Episode 3, Part 1
The Queen Anne Victorian addition is ready for clapboard siding to match the existing façade and trim. Inside, the demolition is complete, the chimney stack has been removed, and a custom steel structural support has been placed where the load-bearing dining-room wall once stood. Insulation specialists explain, and begin to install, the expanding foam, closed-cell insulation. Outside, contractor Tim Berky completes a custom backerboard and transitional bed molding to match the original 1890s molding.
- Part 1: Exterior Cladding
- Bob looks on as general contractor Tim Berky clads the Queen Anne Victorian project house with clapboards, taking cues from the home's original 1890s exterior.
- Part 2: Spray-On Closed-Cell Insulation
- Part 3: Spraying In Closed-Cell Insulation
- Part 4: Matching Original Victorian Frieze Board
Bob Vila undertakes the partial remodel of a historic Victorian home in Rowley, MA. The house is a classic New England gem with many partitioned rooms, plus the added appeal of a large yard with preserved wetlands beyond. From permits and approvals to the addition of a mudroom and deck, this project focuses on family space.
ALL EPISODES IN VICTORIAN KITCHEN & BATH REMODEL
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
More From Bob Vila