- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian Kitchen & Bath Remodel > Episode 4: Radiant Heat, Oak Flooring, and Deck Piers
Radiant Floor Heating System Installed
Project: Victorian Kitchen & Bath Remodel, Episode 4, Part 1
Bob reviews the Georiga-Pacific veneer board, designed to take a light plaster coat for a hard, elegant finish. Next, Bob observes the installation of WarmZone radiant floor panels under white oak from Bellawood. Outside, contractor Tim Berky digs four-foot holes to protect the footings and piers from frost and heaving, once the concrete is poured and set in the innovative PVC forms.
- Part 1: Radiant Floor Heating System Installed
- John Martin (from WarmZone) is on-hand to show Bob how the medium density fiberboard (MDF) faced with reflective aluminum shielding, and precut channels for the Pex hot-water tubing, comes together to create a layout for the in-floor radiant heat system.
- Part 2: White Oak Hardwood Flooring Installation
- Part 3: Plans for the Multi-Level Backyard Deck
Bob Vila undertakes the partial remodel of a historic Victorian home in Rowley, MA. The house is a classic New England gem with many partitioned rooms, plus the added appeal of a large yard with preserved wetlands beyond. From permits and approvals to the addition of a mudroom and deck, this project focuses on family space.
ALL EPISODES IN VICTORIAN KITCHEN & BATH REMODEL
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
More From Bob Vila