- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian Kitchen & Bath Remodel > Episode 10: Exterior Painting, Bulb Planting, and Lawn Care
Landscape Design on a Sloping Bank
Project: Victorian Kitchen & Bath Remodel, Episode 10, Part 3
The 100-year-old clapboard home is ready for painting. Ronald Boyajian of California Paints checks the moisture level in the wood with a two-pronged meter before selecting a linseed oil-based tinted primer and Velvet Flat acrylic latex paint. In the garden, landscape designer Ruth Foster shows Bob how to plant bulbs correctly and how to reseed compacted, damaged grass.
- Part 1: Painting the Exterior
- Part 2: Planting Bulbs and Seeding the Lawn
- Part 3: Landscape Design on a Sloping Bank
- A sloping bank descends from deck level to the yard. Landscape designer Ruth Foster explains her choice of plantings for this garden: It will be green, with junipers and yews for low maintenance, varying height, and deep green coverage. Also, Foster shows Bob the batch composter, used for making rich mulch.
Bob Vila undertakes the partial remodel of a historic Victorian home in Rowley, MA. The house is a classic New England gem with many partitioned rooms, plus the added appeal of a large yard with preserved wetlands beyond. From permits and approvals to the addition of a mudroom and deck, this project focuses on family space.
ALL EPISODES IN VICTORIAN KITCHEN & BATH REMODEL
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
More From Bob Vila