- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian Kitchen & Bath Remodel > Episode 9: Custom Trim Work, Landscaping, and Bathroom Fixtures
Custom Trim, Windows, and Pocket Door
Project: Victorian Kitchen & Bath Remodel, Episode 9, Part 1
General contractor Tim Berky installs custom trim that was milled to match the Victorian home's original woodwork. The custom Pella two-over-ones in the dining room will be trimmed out to complete the oriel window, while the new pocket door, windows, and French doors will be detailed to match. Oustide, landscape designer Ruth Foster supervises the Kelly Brothers landscaping crew, as a hedge row is planted to screen the street. Inside, Tim Berky shows Bob how to avoid damaging tile when installing new fixtures.
- Part 1: Custom Trim, Windows, and Pocket Door
- General contractor Tim Berky trims out the windows with custom millwork created from a profile of the home's original trim. Bob looks at the four-panel cherry pocket door that's been installed between the mudroom and kitchen space.
- Part 2: Landscaping with Hedges, Trees, and Perennials
- Part 3: Installing Fixtures in a Tiled Bath
Bob Vila undertakes the partial remodel of a historic Victorian home in Rowley, MA. The house is a classic New England gem with many partitioned rooms, plus the added appeal of a large yard with preserved wetlands beyond. From permits and approvals to the addition of a mudroom and deck, this project focuses on family space.
ALL EPISODES IN VICTORIAN KITCHEN & BATH REMODEL