- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 1: Starting the Project
Touring the Home Interior
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 1, Part 2
Bob gets started on the Cambridge project with architect Greg Rochlin and carpenter Bob Ryley and explores Harvard Square with architectural historian Brian Pfeiffer.
- Part 1: Touring the Home Exterior
- Part 2: Touring the Home Interior
- Bob and architect Gregory Rochlin tour the interior of the Shingle Style home. Bob notes the surprising choices made in prior remodels that are not appropriate for an 1890s house. Bob's remodeling will involve taking advantage of the house's great scale and space and restoring original elements. He meets up with carpenter Bob Ryley, who is checking the structural parts of the house. The attic looks sound, and it should be easy to take down most of the ceilings.
- Part 3: Taking an Architectural Tour of Harvard Square
This project centers around the remodel of Bob Vila's own gracious Shingle Style home in Cambridge, MA. It's a house with a lot of history and beautiful architectural details, many of which were obliterated in remodels of the 50s and the 70s. On the centennial of the house's construction, Bob gets together the best talents in the business to recreate and renew it to its former glory, making some important modifications along the way that will transform this into a dream house for today.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
Episode 17 - Prepping to Paint the Exterior, Touring a Custom Cabinet Factory, Installing Kitchen Cabinets
Episode 19 - Discussing Landscaping Plans, Touring a Tile Showroom, and Installing Tile in the Bathroom