- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 7: Roof Work and Wiring
Installing Copper-Lined Gutters
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 7, Part 1
Bob visits the roof where Fred Mitchell is installing a state-of-the-art copper lining in the rebuilt wooden gutter system. Shinglers replace the asphalt roof with the red cedar shingles that would have been used originally. The electrician explains why plastic-sheathed wiring will be used for the considerable rewiring to be done.
- Part 1: Installing Copper-Lined Gutters
- Carpenters Bob Ryley and Danny Ruffini and copper-work specialist Fred Mitchell install custom fabricated copper-lined wood gutters on Bob's home. Wood has been used for restoration purposes to preserve the old look, but copper lining will last for decades to come.
- Part 2: Touring a Historic Home in Avon Hill
- Part 3: Installing Fire-Rated Wood Shingles and Wiring the Third Floor
This project centers around the remodel of Bob Vila's own gracious Shingle Style home in Cambridge, MA. It's a house with a lot of history and beautiful architectural details, many of which were obliterated in remodels of the 50s and the 70s. On the centennial of the house's construction, Bob gets together the best talents in the business to recreate and renew it to its former glory, making some important modifications along the way that will transform this into a dream house for today.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
Episode 17 - Prepping to Paint the Exterior, Touring a Custom Cabinet Factory, Installing Kitchen Cabinets
Episode 19 - Discussing Landscaping Plans, Touring a Tile Showroom, and Installing Tile in the Bathroom