- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 10: Heating and Cooling Systems
Reviewing the High-Efficiency HVAC System
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 10, Part 1
An elaborate and highly efficient HVAC system is installed in the basement and Bob checks out his new system 2000 unit and air handler. Radiant heat is installed in the bathroom floor and the electrical inspector is on site to approve the work that’s been done so far.
- Part 1: Reviewing the High-Efficiency HVAC System
- Bob talks with Mike Kaufmann from Energy Kinetics about the high-efficiency System 2000. The low mass unit will be used to supply both the heat and hot water for the entire house. Bob and Mike are joined by plumbing and heating contractor Frank Iadarola, who has isolated the zones for servicing ease. Bob and Frank look at the hydro air unit, which will supply the first-floor heating and air conditioning.
- Part 2: Reviewing the Boiler Pipes and Bathroom In-Floor Radiant Heat
- Part 3: Installing Electrical Wiring in an Old Home
This project centers around the remodel of Bob Vila's own gracious Shingle Style home in Cambridge, MA. It's a house with a lot of history and beautiful architectural details, many of which were obliterated in remodels of the 50s and the 70s. On the centennial of the house's construction, Bob gets together the best talents in the business to recreate and renew it to its former glory, making some important modifications along the way that will transform this into a dream house for today.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
Episode 17 - Prepping to Paint the Exterior, Touring a Custom Cabinet Factory, Installing Kitchen Cabinets
Episode 19 - Discussing Landscaping Plans, Touring a Tile Showroom, and Installing Tile in the Bathroom