- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 12: Digging a Trench, Touring Historic Gardens, and Trimming the Interior
Hanging Old Doors, Installing New Door Trim, and Outfitting the Windows
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 12, Part 3
Bob returns to the Stockbridge, MA landmark home Naumkeag for a tour of the elaborate gardens. On the third floor, we’re ready for some interior trim with Ryley. Outside, a trench is dug for the new water service from the city main into the house.
- Part 1: Excavating to Install a New Waterline
- Part 2: Touring the Naumkeag Historic House Gardens
- Part 3: Hanging Old Doors, Installing New Door Trim, and Outfitting the Windows
- Bob reviews the prior decisions that have been made about what to restore versus replace. He conducts an archeological walk through parts of the house where we see ghosts of old chair railing and molding. Bob meets up with carpenter Bob Ryley on the third floor to re-hang the stripped old doors and install the new trim. Elaborate care is taken with the windows. Some of the 100-year-old carpentry work has been saved and will be reused.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME