- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 16: Installing a Hardwood Floor
Reviewing the Layout of Bob’s Walk-in Closet
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 16, Part 3
A herringbone hardwood floor gets installed in the library, and the California Closet people explain how the dressing rooms are coming together in the master suite. A water purification system gets installed in the basement, and we take a tour of the Kinetico factory outside Cleveland, Ohio, and get a quick primer on water treatment issues.
- Part 1: Installing a Herringbone-Patterned Floor
- Part 2: Discussing Water Purification and Touring the Kinetico Plant near Cleveland, OH
- Part 3: Reviewing the Layout of Bob’s Walk-in Closet
- After quickly reviewing the second-floor layout and his-and-her areas, Bob meets with Bob and Sheila Smaltz from California Closets to go over plans for Bob's walk-in closet. Bob wraps up with a review of the careful herringbone floor installation in the library that leads right up to the frames around the retrofitted metal grills and century-old hearth, looking almost as good as it did 100 years ago.
This project centers around the remodel of Bob Vila's own gracious Shingle Style home in Cambridge, MA. It's a house with a lot of history and beautiful architectural details, many of which were obliterated in remodels of the 50s and the 70s. On the centennial of the house's construction, Bob gets together the best talents in the business to recreate and renew it to its former glory, making some important modifications along the way that will transform this into a dream house for today.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
Episode 17 - Prepping to Paint the Exterior, Touring a Custom Cabinet Factory, Installing Kitchen Cabinets
Episode 19 - Discussing Landscaping Plans, Touring a Tile Showroom, and Installing Tile in the Bathroom