- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 22: Installing Built-in Bookshelves, Lighting, Security, and Communication Systems
Reconstructing the Stair Rail and Balusters
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 22, Part 2
The library’s getting a new set of built-in bookshelves, and the alarm and phone systems are installed. The electrician refurbishes a period light fixture for use in the kitchen and installs a new, state-of-the-art Lightolier dimmer switch system. Ryley helps reconstruct the stairway balustrade that was disassembled for stripping.
- Part 1: Retrofitting a Gas Light
- Part 2: Reconstructing the Stair Rail and Balusters
- Bob and carpenter Bob Ryley begin to reassemble the stair rail and balusters. Ryley demonstrates the various fastening and plugging techniques. Jim Shiels works on another part of the staircase, putting back each spindle in the correct slot. Bob comments that the staircase is one of the nicest details in the house.
- Part 3: Installing Carpet on the Third Floor and Bathroom Tile
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME