- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 25: Touring the Completed House
Building a Privacy Fence and Touring the Completed Kitchen
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 25, Part 1
Good fences make good neighbors, and we’ll see what to do when there’s a tree in the way. Bob tours the finished state-of-the-art kitchen, complete with appliances from 5-Star, Sub-Zero, Jenn-Air and others, then joins Ryley and Greg in the workshop to convert an armoire into an entertainment center. The third floor family room is complete, with a knockout surround sound system from Bose, a 52-inch Phillips TV, and a Marvel mini-fridge.
- Part 1: Building a Privacy Fence and Touring the Completed Kitchen
- Bob reviews the progress of the western red cedar custom fence, designed to provide privacy and block the carport from the neighbors’ view. Jay Triandafilou has scribed the fence around existing hemlock trees on the property line, creating a straight fence without damaging any trees. The fence’s gate mirrors the architectural design of the home.
- Part 2: Making an Armoire into an Entertainment Center
- Part 3: Touring the Completed Third-Floor Family Room
This project centers around the remodel of Bob Vila's own gracious Shingle Style home in Cambridge, MA. It's a house with a lot of history and beautiful architectural details, many of which were obliterated in remodels of the 50s and the 70s. On the centennial of the house's construction, Bob gets together the best talents in the business to recreate and renew it to its former glory, making some important modifications along the way that will transform this into a dream house for today.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
Episode 17 - Prepping to Paint the Exterior, Touring a Custom Cabinet Factory, Installing Kitchen Cabinets
Episode 19 - Discussing Landscaping Plans, Touring a Tile Showroom, and Installing Tile in the Bathroom