- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Waterfront Warehouse Rehab > Episode 13: Brooklyn Project Wrap-Up
Reviewing the Penthouse Living Area & Kitchen
Project: Waterfront Warehouse Rehab, Episode 13, Part 2
Al Henriquez and the crew from Two Trees Development are hard at work installing the doorjamb and cement stairs. Meanwhile, Dave Andersen from Pasvalco, a New Jersey-based stone company, explains the creation of the unique stone steps leading into the building.
To everyone's delight, celebrity chef Jacques Torres makes a quick cameo, when he delivers some treats from his neighborhood chocolate shop.
Inside, Bob points out the finished Toto USA bathroom suite on the second floor and the Owens Corning QuietZone Solserene Acoustical Ceiling on the third floor.
On the fourth floor, Bob looks around the finished space with the designers, Jonathan Adler and Darren Brown. Lighting designer Markus Earley also joins Bob, before he completes his tour by appreciating the state-of-the-art Dacor kitchen appliances.
- Part 1: Finishing the Façade & Touring the Completed Apartments
- Part 2: Reviewing the Penthouse Living Area & Kitchen
- In the penthouse apartment, Jonathan Adler and Darren Brown explain their interior design to Bob, by citing the earthy , leathery color and feel of the walls as the primary influence on their choices. Camel-color leather, mohair, and rich wood furniture have been used across the space, accented by pops of happy colors from throw pillows and other accessories. The masculine bamboo window shades match the marmorino wall finish and coexist with bright lime green flourishes. "Colors can't really clash," Adler says. In the kitchen, Bob surveys the Cherry wood, stainless steel, and gray marble surfaces, along with the full suite of Dacor kitchen appliances. Lighting designer Markus Earley details the fixture hanging above the kitchen area. Track lighting is used extensively throughout the apartment, but in the kitchen, T5 flourescent lighting is directed upward, so it bounces off the ceiling and bathes the area in gentle light.
- Part 3: Reviewing the Penthouse Bedroom & Office
ALL EPISODES IN WATERFRONT WAREHOUSE REHAB