- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Waterfront Warehouse Rehab > Episode 6: Interior Construction and Skylight Install
Fast-Pace Drywall Installation and Mold-Resistant Interior Siding
Project: Waterfront Warehouse Rehab, Episode 6, Part 1
Next, Bob and Chris Vila head to the roof where Dino Koukoudakis from Dino's Construction is installing a new Wasco skylight, which will provide natural light for the 4th floor apartment. Future plans for the rooftop also include a hardwood deck.
Bob pays another visit to developer and artist Jane Walentas, this time getting a tour of her multi-story luxury loft space around the corner from the project building.
Back on site, Bob and Chris talk more about the façade restoration with Cas Stachelberg from Higgins and Quasebarth, a New York City firm focused on the preservation and rehabilitation of historic properties.
- Part 1: Fast-Pace Drywall Installation and Mold-Resistant Interior Siding
- Bob spends a moment with the drywall contractor, Tarcisio Ferreira of Nu-Look Painting. Mr. Ferreira alludes to the challenge that construction crews face in New York, where time and space constraints force contractors to work around one another.
Next, Thad Goodman of Georgia Pacific tells Bob about the unique, mold-resistant properties of DensArmor, the interior wall panel being used in the warehouse rehab. Mr. Goodman explains that, on the back of each DensArmor panel, there is an inorganic, fiberglass layer, which deters the growth of mold and mildew.
- Part 2: Mixing Plaster and Installing the Skylight
- Part 3: Tour of Luxury Loft Space and Brick Facade History and Restoration
ALL EPISODES IN WATERFRONT WAREHOUSE REHAB