- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Waterfront Warehouse Rehab > Episode 7: Rooftop Work and Wood Floor Installation
Installing Hardwood Flooring
Project: Waterfront Warehouse Rehab, Episode 7, Part 3
Next, Bob and John Sodano, the plumbing contractor, discuss the placement of the boiler. Bob then goes indoors to review installation of the Bellawood hardwood flooring with Stephen Shelowitz (Williamsburg Parquet Flooring). Shelowitz explains the finer points of Bellawood's flooring product. He details how the factory-applied finish is tested and how his crew installs the flooring.
- Part 1: Safety Railing Installation
- Part 2: Privacy Glass Installation
- Part 3: Installing Hardwood Flooring
- Bob joins Steve Shelowitz from Williamsburg Parquet Flooring to observe the installation of hardwood floors in the penthouse apartment. Before the floor is secured, a red rosin paper is laid over the subfloor. The underlayment prevents dust from traveling between the subfloor and the finished floor, and prevents wood-to-wood contact, reducing the possibility of squeaking. The Ash hardwood floors are first roughed into place to determine the layout. Joints are staggered for an attractive layout, and longer boards are placed in the room's most visible areas. The floor's finish is factory applied, and is guaranteed for 50 years of normal residential use.
ALL EPISODES IN WATERFRONT WAREHOUSE REHAB