- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Waterfront Warehouse Rehab > Episode 7: Rooftop Work and Wood Floor Installation
Privacy Glass Installation
Project: Waterfront Warehouse Rehab, Episode 7, Part 2
Next, Bob and John Sodano, the plumbing contractor, discuss the placement of the boiler. Bob then goes indoors to review installation of the Bellawood hardwood flooring with Stephen Shelowitz (Williamsburg Parquet Flooring). Shelowitz explains the finer points of Bellawood's flooring product. He details how the factory-applied finish is tested and how his crew installs the flooring.
- Part 1: Safety Railing Installation
- Part 2: Privacy Glass Installation
- Bob meets with window installer Alan Chi of Finest Windows. Mr. Chi is installing the glass walls for the head house (the head house is the structure surrounding the stairs that lead up from the penthouse). Frosted thermal glass panels are being used for privacy, as the taller buildings surrounding the location can look down on the deck. The custom glass snaps into place, along with a rubber gasket, and silicone caulk in the corners prevents moisture from entering the enclosure. With the glass in place, a door rated for industrial use is installed.
- Part 3: Installing Hardwood Flooring
ALL EPISODES IN WATERFRONT WAREHOUSE REHAB