- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Waterfront Warehouse Rehab > Episode 7: Rooftop Work and Wood Floor Installation
Safety Railing Installation
Project: Waterfront Warehouse Rehab, Episode 7, Part 1
Next, Bob and John Sodano, the plumbing contractor, discuss the placement of the boiler. Bob then goes indoors to review installation of the Bellawood hardwood flooring with Stephen Shelowitz (Williamsburg Parquet Flooring). Shelowitz explains the finer points of Bellawood's flooring product. He details how the factory-applied finish is tested and how his crew installs the flooring.
- Part 1: Safety Railing Installation
- Ironworker Jimmy Canka secures the rooftop deck's safety railing to its footings. The individual sections of the simple picket-style iron railing are put in place on-site and then welded together. Canka uses an arc welder to fuse the sections together. Bob points out how the fence is secured to the roof employing three separate building trades: the roofers, ironworkers, and masons. Behind the railing is a parapet wall topped with bluestone (to prevent moisture from seeping into the masonry work).
- Part 2: Privacy Glass Installation
- Part 3: Installing Hardwood Flooring
ALL EPISODES IN WATERFRONT WAREHOUSE REHAB