Beaver Basement Waterproof System
First check the gutters. I found that after replacing my gutters I no longer had water come into the main part of my basement. It was flowing over the old gutters and splashing over the sill into the basement.
Second check the grade, look for any low spots around where you think water is coming in. If you see any places that look washed down a bit, or you see gravel, more than likely thats where the water is getting in.
Third, take a peice of plastic and tape it down on the floor around where the water comes in and check it the next day for moisture, if you see moisture under the plastic, chances are the water is seeping in from underneath, and no matter what you do above the floor, you will always get water in until you resolve the reason for water under the slab.
If the third on is your problem you will need to hire a contractor to remove part of the slab around the perimeter of the foundation and put in a drainage system and sump pit.
Competition to Owen Corning Basement Finishing System
basement exhaust fans
Owens Corning Basement System - Paintable?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY