We're starting to remodel our exposed basement. Originally we put in an extra garage door with slanted cement flooring to drain away. Well, now we intend to take out the garage door and put in an atrium/french door to let in more light. How do we level the existing floor? Do we pour concrete over concrete or build a wood subflooring? Thanks for any ideas!
I am putting in a new bathroom in the basement and where the rough in was placed it wasn't quit level. I could take a 2x4 or my 4ft level and it would rock. what I found out was that theymake leveling cement which pours like a really thin milkshake and finds it's own level. Worked great for me and it was only about a 1/4 of an inch so now when I set the showerbase down it doesn't rock. I put a fourth 2x4 down so I could caulk a square and that I didn't have the stuff running out of my frame then later took it off. I have pictures if you want. It says it can level up to 1 inch. not so sure how large your area is. Cost me $27.00 for a 50 lb. bag and I used half of it, 3/4 of a 5 gallon bucket for the 1/4 inch. My showerbase is 32x48. Hope this helps.
What is the name of the self leveling concrete...and where did you buy it? I have a similar problem I am dealing wiht.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes