We're starting to remodel our exposed basement. Originally we put in an extra garage door with slanted cement flooring to drain away. Well, now we intend to take out the garage door and put in an atrium/french door to let in more light. How do we level the existing floor? Do we pour concrete over concrete or build a wood subflooring? Thanks for any ideas!
I am putting in a new bathroom in the basement and where the rough in was placed it wasn't quit level. I could take a 2x4 or my 4ft level and it would rock. what I found out was that theymake leveling cement which pours like a really thin milkshake and finds it's own level. Worked great for me and it was only about a 1/4 of an inch so now when I set the showerbase down it doesn't rock. I put a fourth 2x4 down so I could caulk a square and that I didn't have the stuff running out of my frame then later took it off. I have pictures if you want. It says it can level up to 1 inch. not so sure how large your area is. Cost me $27.00 for a 50 lb. bag and I used half of it, 3/4 of a 5 gallon bucket for the 1/4 inch. My showerbase is 32x48. Hope this helps.
What is the name of the self leveling concrete...and where did you buy it? I have a similar problem I am dealing wiht.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects