Our basement recently flooded and we are not sure how to prevent it from happening again. We are desperate because the "waterproofing companies" all give different solutions (ie whatever product they are trying to sell).
Water came in 3 ways:
1) running in from slop sink
2) came in from cracks in concrete floor
3) seepage where the walls meet the floor
We do not want to put drain pipes around the basement interior because that will still allow the water to come in.
We know that we need a check valve for the slopsink but how do we prevent water coming in the floor (noticeable cracks) and walls (no noticeable cracks).
What kind of professional do we call to come look at it?
Thanks for any and all advice.
Your'e looking at an exterior drain around the base of the foundation with crushed rock fill to grade level and a sump pump or two if this is to be done correctly. Trouble is it will run $$$$$. I don't like the inside drains either. On the outside the water pressure is relieved against the foundation. This is water that occurs in the ground, and must be handled. C.
thank you. What type of professional installs drains around the foundation - a g.c. or is that something a landscaper can do?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps