Our basement recently flooded and we are not sure how to prevent it from happening again. We are desperate because the "waterproofing companies" all give different solutions (ie whatever product they are trying to sell).
Water came in 3 ways:
1) running in from slop sink
2) came in from cracks in concrete floor
3) seepage where the walls meet the floor
We do not want to put drain pipes around the basement interior because that will still allow the water to come in.
We know that we need a check valve for the slopsink but how do we prevent water coming in the floor (noticeable cracks) and walls (no noticeable cracks).
What kind of professional do we call to come look at it?
Thanks for any and all advice.
Your'e looking at an exterior drain around the base of the foundation with crushed rock fill to grade level and a sump pump or two if this is to be done correctly. Trouble is it will run $$$$$. I don't like the inside drains either. On the outside the water pressure is relieved against the foundation. This is water that occurs in the ground, and must be handled. C.
thank you. What type of professional installs drains around the foundation - a g.c. or is that something a landscaper can do?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes