I am currently looking to buy a house that fits my price range. The only problem with the house is the basement. It has a dirt floor. The foundation walls have a couple of cracks and the dirt feels a little damp. Would this be a bigger problem than it is worth. We would like to put a cement floor in and fix the foundation problem. Everything else on the house has been redone. The oldest thing to the house is the roof ( besides the basement). Around the basement walls the dirt looks like it is loose. Any suggestions?
can`t honestly answer your quest`s.
i mean, sure you can put in a concrete floor and sure, the cracks can be fixed. How much depends on several things.
with a dirt floor comes more of a chance(i`m not saying there is)of high radon levels so, i`d have a radon test done.
putting a floor in shouldn`t be a big deal, if thats what your after. Can others problems arise during/after floor is in? Yes, Not likely but possible.
Could other cracks occur in wall(s) down the road? Yes, possible, again its not likely but does indeed happen to some.
Hopefully, 1 or more bsmt walls are Not bowing in. Maybe get some estimates on roof, having floor put in,fixing the cracks correctly etc etc,add it up.Can ya fit it all in to yer budget and still have x amount left for other potential problems that may occur? Carefully read any-all guarantees.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects