I am currently looking to buy a house that fits my price range. The only problem with the house is the basement. It has a dirt floor. The foundation walls have a couple of cracks and the dirt feels a little damp. Would this be a bigger problem than it is worth. We would like to put a cement floor in and fix the foundation problem. Everything else on the house has been redone. The oldest thing to the house is the roof ( besides the basement). Around the basement walls the dirt looks like it is loose. Any suggestions?
can`t honestly answer your quest`s.
i mean, sure you can put in a concrete floor and sure, the cracks can be fixed. How much depends on several things.
with a dirt floor comes more of a chance(i`m not saying there is)of high radon levels so, i`d have a radon test done.
putting a floor in shouldn`t be a big deal, if thats what your after. Can others problems arise during/after floor is in? Yes, Not likely but possible.
Could other cracks occur in wall(s) down the road? Yes, possible, again its not likely but does indeed happen to some.
Hopefully, 1 or more bsmt walls are Not bowing in. Maybe get some estimates on roof, having floor put in,fixing the cracks correctly etc etc,add it up.Can ya fit it all in to yer budget and still have x amount left for other potential problems that may occur? Carefully read any-all guarantees.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING