I am currently looking to buy a house that fits my price range. The only problem with the house is the basement. It has a dirt floor. The foundation walls have a couple of cracks and the dirt feels a little damp. Would this be a bigger problem than it is worth. We would like to put a cement floor in and fix the foundation problem. Everything else on the house has been redone. The oldest thing to the house is the roof ( besides the basement). Around the basement walls the dirt looks like it is loose. Any suggestions?
can`t honestly answer your quest`s.
i mean, sure you can put in a concrete floor and sure, the cracks can be fixed. How much depends on several things.
with a dirt floor comes more of a chance(i`m not saying there is)of high radon levels so, i`d have a radon test done.
putting a floor in shouldn`t be a big deal, if thats what your after. Can others problems arise during/after floor is in? Yes, Not likely but possible.
Could other cracks occur in wall(s) down the road? Yes, possible, again its not likely but does indeed happen to some.
Hopefully, 1 or more bsmt walls are Not bowing in. Maybe get some estimates on roof, having floor put in,fixing the cracks correctly etc etc,add it up.Can ya fit it all in to yer budget and still have x amount left for other potential problems that may occur? Carefully read any-all guarantees.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight