I am currently looking to buy a house that fits my price range. The only problem with the house is the basement. It has a dirt floor. The foundation walls have a couple of cracks and the dirt feels a little damp. Would this be a bigger problem than it is worth. We would like to put a cement floor in and fix the foundation problem. Everything else on the house has been redone. The oldest thing to the house is the roof ( besides the basement). Around the basement walls the dirt looks like it is loose. Any suggestions?
can`t honestly answer your quest`s.
i mean, sure you can put in a concrete floor and sure, the cracks can be fixed. How much depends on several things.
with a dirt floor comes more of a chance(i`m not saying there is)of high radon levels so, i`d have a radon test done.
putting a floor in shouldn`t be a big deal, if thats what your after. Can others problems arise during/after floor is in? Yes, Not likely but possible.
Could other cracks occur in wall(s) down the road? Yes, possible, again its not likely but does indeed happen to some.
Hopefully, 1 or more bsmt walls are Not bowing in. Maybe get some estimates on roof, having floor put in,fixing the cracks correctly etc etc,add it up.Can ya fit it all in to yer budget and still have x amount left for other potential problems that may occur? Carefully read any-all guarantees.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps