I searched the board and can't find a topic that's similar to mine.
My home in the Adirondack Mountains has a basement that's built into the ground. The ceiling is 7 feet from the floor. The top of the east wall is at ground level of the back yard. The ground outside of the south wall tapers down that 7 feet over the length of the wall. The west wall tapers as well. The north wall is fully submersed in the ground. I hope that's clear.
The east wall is a combination of old stone wall that's poured with concrete. The south wall and half of the west wall is concrete block from an addition done in the mid 90s.
The basement stays a relatively low temperature in the summer- in the mid 60s.
I have a significant amount of condensation water in the basement this year. To some extent, I get it every year. But, this year it's way worse than normal.
In the past, I've been able to chase the water by hand and a fan here and there. But, this year, it's alot worse.
It's definitively condensation water as it coincides to whereever there's a metal heat duct or metal pipe in the ceiling of the basement.
Other than getting a dehumidifier and running it basically full time, do I have options to prevent this? Is there any venting approaches, etc?
Thanks in advance.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Fun Planters to Make with Everyday Objects
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda