I searched the board and can't find a topic that's similar to mine.
My home in the Adirondack Mountains has a basement that's built into the ground. The ceiling is 7 feet from the floor. The top of the east wall is at ground level of the back yard. The ground outside of the south wall tapers down that 7 feet over the length of the wall. The west wall tapers as well. The north wall is fully submersed in the ground. I hope that's clear.
The east wall is a combination of old stone wall that's poured with concrete. The south wall and half of the west wall is concrete block from an addition done in the mid 90s.
The basement stays a relatively low temperature in the summer- in the mid 60s.
I have a significant amount of condensation water in the basement this year. To some extent, I get it every year. But, this year it's way worse than normal.
In the past, I've been able to chase the water by hand and a fan here and there. But, this year, it's alot worse.
It's definitively condensation water as it coincides to whereever there's a metal heat duct or metal pipe in the ceiling of the basement.
Other than getting a dehumidifier and running it basically full time, do I have options to prevent this? Is there any venting approaches, etc?
Thanks in advance.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight