I searched the board and can't find a topic that's similar to mine.
My home in the Adirondack Mountains has a basement that's built into the ground. The ceiling is 7 feet from the floor. The top of the east wall is at ground level of the back yard. The ground outside of the south wall tapers down that 7 feet over the length of the wall. The west wall tapers as well. The north wall is fully submersed in the ground. I hope that's clear.
The east wall is a combination of old stone wall that's poured with concrete. The south wall and half of the west wall is concrete block from an addition done in the mid 90s.
The basement stays a relatively low temperature in the summer- in the mid 60s.
I have a significant amount of condensation water in the basement this year. To some extent, I get it every year. But, this year it's way worse than normal.
In the past, I've been able to chase the water by hand and a fan here and there. But, this year, it's alot worse.
It's definitively condensation water as it coincides to whereever there's a metal heat duct or metal pipe in the ceiling of the basement.
Other than getting a dehumidifier and running it basically full time, do I have options to prevent this? Is there any venting approaches, etc?
Thanks in advance.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Furniture Makeovers: 10 Total DIY Do-Overs
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them