I searched the board and can't find a topic that's similar to mine.
My home in the Adirondack Mountains has a basement that's built into the ground. The ceiling is 7 feet from the floor. The top of the east wall is at ground level of the back yard. The ground outside of the south wall tapers down that 7 feet over the length of the wall. The west wall tapers as well. The north wall is fully submersed in the ground. I hope that's clear.
The east wall is a combination of old stone wall that's poured with concrete. The south wall and half of the west wall is concrete block from an addition done in the mid 90s.
The basement stays a relatively low temperature in the summer- in the mid 60s.
I have a significant amount of condensation water in the basement this year. To some extent, I get it every year. But, this year it's way worse than normal.
In the past, I've been able to chase the water by hand and a fan here and there. But, this year, it's alot worse.
It's definitively condensation water as it coincides to whereever there's a metal heat duct or metal pipe in the ceiling of the basement.
Other than getting a dehumidifier and running it basically full time, do I have options to prevent this? Is there any venting approaches, etc?
Thanks in advance.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Celebrity Kitchens: Get the Look
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs