I searched the board and can't find a topic that's similar to mine.
My home in the Adirondack Mountains has a basement that's built into the ground. The ceiling is 7 feet from the floor. The top of the east wall is at ground level of the back yard. The ground outside of the south wall tapers down that 7 feet over the length of the wall. The west wall tapers as well. The north wall is fully submersed in the ground. I hope that's clear.
The east wall is a combination of old stone wall that's poured with concrete. The south wall and half of the west wall is concrete block from an addition done in the mid 90s.
The basement stays a relatively low temperature in the summer- in the mid 60s.
I have a significant amount of condensation water in the basement this year. To some extent, I get it every year. But, this year it's way worse than normal.
In the past, I've been able to chase the water by hand and a fan here and there. But, this year, it's alot worse.
It's definitively condensation water as it coincides to whereever there's a metal heat duct or metal pipe in the ceiling of the basement.
Other than getting a dehumidifier and running it basically full time, do I have options to prevent this? Is there any venting approaches, etc?
Thanks in advance.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!