Insulating a garage after it's been drywalled
Is there anyway to do this without having to pull off the drywall?
It's possible there may be a 2x4 block between studs, which would mean 2 holes per spacing.
This was maybe 12 years ago. I think he rented the equipment from the same place where he got the insulation.
I will look into that idea.
I just want to be able to put a freezer out in the garage and I don't think I could do that without insulating it.
The 'blower' is kind of like a reverse vacuum cleaner with a huge hopper on top of it. I've used these a time or two myself (for adding to attic, not through holes in the walls). You (or, preferably a helper) add insulation from bags as you progress. It definitely helps to have a helper because the hopper's feeder can get clogged & need attention.
---> One thing to remember about blowing in insulation inside the walls!--DON'T DO TOO MUCH OR GO TOO FAST! It can shove the drywall right off the walls! This happened to my ex-neighbor in a couple places.
---> Oh, and: buy some dustmasks! Messy work!
-k2 in CO.
I guess if that is the only reason why you are insulating,I personaly wouldn't go thru all the BS and messy work of doing it.(just my opinion)
Hydronic Heat, Indirect Water Heater, No Hot Water
Dishwasher's been in storage--SEALS?
Looking for a manual for 3''belt sander
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers