Insulating a garage after it's been drywalled
Is there anyway to do this without having to pull off the drywall?
It's possible there may be a 2x4 block between studs, which would mean 2 holes per spacing.
This was maybe 12 years ago. I think he rented the equipment from the same place where he got the insulation.
I will look into that idea.
I just want to be able to put a freezer out in the garage and I don't think I could do that without insulating it.
The 'blower' is kind of like a reverse vacuum cleaner with a huge hopper on top of it. I've used these a time or two myself (for adding to attic, not through holes in the walls). You (or, preferably a helper) add insulation from bags as you progress. It definitely helps to have a helper because the hopper's feeder can get clogged & need attention.
---> One thing to remember about blowing in insulation inside the walls!--DON'T DO TOO MUCH OR GO TOO FAST! It can shove the drywall right off the walls! This happened to my ex-neighbor in a couple places.
---> Oh, and: buy some dustmasks! Messy work!
-k2 in CO.
I guess if that is the only reason why you are insulating,I personaly wouldn't go thru all the BS and messy work of doing it.(just my opinion)
Hydronic Heat, Indirect Water Heater, No Hot Water
Dishwasher's been in storage--SEALS?
Looking for a manual for 3''belt sander
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight