What does the control board do? How can I test if it's defective?
My problem is a cold freezer hot refrigerator. I think it's a defrost problem. The evaporator fan is running. The condenser is running. Frost build-up in the freezer. I removed everything from the box. I turned the power off and using a heat gun I defrosted the coils. The evaporator pan filled several times with water. I cleaned all of that. I restarted the refrigerator and within 2 hours it was at the desired temps. It's been running perfectly for 36 hours with no problem. I can hear the evaporator heater turn on and I've gotten some water in the evaporator pan. I'm questioning the repair man's diagnosis. The first thing he did was hook up (looked like an extension cord) to a wall outlet then he plugged in the refrigerator cord to it and had an electronic loop tester and then told me the control board was bad. That was it -- no further testing. So, like I said above what does the control board control in this refrigerator and what is the proper test for discovering if it's defective.
Family with warm water: Kenmore Refrigerator model #...
Kenmore Refrigerator Door handle
furnace control board
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide