Replacing glass on Anderson windows
The outside glass is broken, rest of window/frame/etc. is fine, don't want to replace whole window, just glass.
Help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Contact your local Andersen service rep. They can come out assess the project and make repairs if required.
Most of the Andersen windows can have only the glass replaced but soimetimes it is easier to replace the entire sash. If you only replace the glass, there will be issues with potential leaks at the edge of the glazing. Buy the whole sash and it is their gaurantee.
Another thing to consider is this, Glass is made from sand - silica mineral cooked down to a fluid state. The exact mix of mineral in the glass influences the colour of the glass - so you can see some that has a buish tinge and others that shadow a rose colouring or green or silver or yellow. Sourcing glass from another manufacturer is more likely to give you contrast in the glass colour. I just replaced some Anderson stuff from 1972 with Andersen replacements and they all match perfectly
They are very proud to help you and still provide replacements for all product they have made.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!