I have purchased a house with ceramic tile floors in the kitchen and living areas. The problem is the grout, or maybe its called cement, between the tiles. It was originally white but is now very stained and ugly. I am guessing that it was not sealed. I have bleached some of it out but in a couple of months it looks bad again. I wonder if I should stain it a darker color and seal it. I don't even know how to go about doing this. I need to do it myself to save money. Anyone have a suggestion? Thank you!
If the grout level is lower than the tile surface, you may be able to re-apply grout in a color which suits you better. Grouting is really not difficult, but you would need to purchase a rubber faced float/spreader. I'd be concerned about whether a stain you apply would look uniform enough in color to please you.
ceramic tile subfloor
Cleaning an old yellowed & dirty ceramic bathroom ti...
Cleaning grout haze from ceramic tile
HELP - my new ceramic tile floor!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!