I am trying to replace the bathroom faucet. After screwing off the nut by hand, and seeing water come out, I decided to replace the towel I had put down below, with a basin. I quickly screwed the nut back on (again by hand), and then got the basin.
That was this morning. I'm still working on that same nut now, with a pipe wrench, and I am able to turn it, but I'm not really noticing any progress. I don't know the right words for this, but I'm thinking what happened was that the nut was not placed right in the threads, and that it was lopsided (?) when I started screwing it back onto the p-trap. Looking down from the sink, I have been turning the nut counter-clockwise--and it is turning slowly--but never coming off.
OK what should I do now? I was trying to save some cash by not calling in a plumber. I realize now that this was a mistake, but if possible I'd like to work my way out of this. What would be the best way to take that nut off?
If it matters, it is the side that it connected to the rest of the house's plumbing, not the side that is connected to the sink drain. I can take a picture if that would help.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers