I am trying to replace the bathroom faucet. After screwing off the nut by hand, and seeing water come out, I decided to replace the towel I had put down below, with a basin. I quickly screwed the nut back on (again by hand), and then got the basin.
That was this morning. I'm still working on that same nut now, with a pipe wrench, and I am able to turn it, but I'm not really noticing any progress. I don't know the right words for this, but I'm thinking what happened was that the nut was not placed right in the threads, and that it was lopsided (?) when I started screwing it back onto the p-trap. Looking down from the sink, I have been turning the nut counter-clockwise--and it is turning slowly--but never coming off.
OK what should I do now? I was trying to save some cash by not calling in a plumber. I realize now that this was a mistake, but if possible I'd like to work my way out of this. What would be the best way to take that nut off?
If it matters, it is the side that it connected to the rest of the house's plumbing, not the side that is connected to the sink drain. I can take a picture if that would help.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!