We bought our house new in 2003. The contractor has built about a hundred homes in our addition, all with Silverline windows. Most of the owners that can afford it, have replaced the windows.
My one living room window clouded up almost right away. I contacted the contractor, he said talk to my supplier. (a local owned lumber yard) They sent a man over to look at the window, he did agree the window needed replaced. He called Silverline Co they said we needed a serial number off the window. Well, the sticker fell off, no serial number! I had to buy the window and glazing, and install it my self. The salesman said he would install it for 50 dollars!
Six months later, a smaller kitchen window pin rusted off and broke when I tried to clean it! Back to the lumber yard, they said that should not happen! I will contact the Co Rep. That was six months ago. No answer yet. I guess he still has the rusted pin.
To make a long story short, it is December, the outside temp is 24 degrees, and our curtains are blowing in the breeze.
I live about one and one half miles from the Silverline factory, in Marion Ohio. Would I buy Silverline windows. NO!
Thank you for letting me vent.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs