We bought our house new in 2003. The contractor has built about a hundred homes in our addition, all with Silverline windows. Most of the owners that can afford it, have replaced the windows.
My one living room window clouded up almost right away. I contacted the contractor, he said talk to my supplier. (a local owned lumber yard) They sent a man over to look at the window, he did agree the window needed replaced. He called Silverline Co they said we needed a serial number off the window. Well, the sticker fell off, no serial number! I had to buy the window and glazing, and install it my self. The salesman said he would install it for 50 dollars!
Six months later, a smaller kitchen window pin rusted off and broke when I tried to clean it! Back to the lumber yard, they said that should not happen! I will contact the Co Rep. That was six months ago. No answer yet. I guess he still has the rusted pin.
To make a long story short, it is December, the outside temp is 24 degrees, and our curtains are blowing in the breeze.
I live about one and one half miles from the Silverline factory, in Marion Ohio. Would I buy Silverline windows. NO!
Thank you for letting me vent.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!