We bought our house new in 2003. The contractor has built about a hundred homes in our addition, all with Silverline windows. Most of the owners that can afford it, have replaced the windows.
My one living room window clouded up almost right away. I contacted the contractor, he said talk to my supplier. (a local owned lumber yard) They sent a man over to look at the window, he did agree the window needed replaced. He called Silverline Co they said we needed a serial number off the window. Well, the sticker fell off, no serial number! I had to buy the window and glazing, and install it my self. The salesman said he would install it for 50 dollars!
Six months later, a smaller kitchen window pin rusted off and broke when I tried to clean it! Back to the lumber yard, they said that should not happen! I will contact the Co Rep. That was six months ago. No answer yet. I guess he still has the rusted pin.
To make a long story short, it is December, the outside temp is 24 degrees, and our curtains are blowing in the breeze.
I live about one and one half miles from the Silverline factory, in Marion Ohio. Would I buy Silverline windows. NO!
Thank you for letting me vent.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight