We bought our house new in 2003. The contractor has built about a hundred homes in our addition, all with Silverline windows. Most of the owners that can afford it, have replaced the windows.
My one living room window clouded up almost right away. I contacted the contractor, he said talk to my supplier. (a local owned lumber yard) They sent a man over to look at the window, he did agree the window needed replaced. He called Silverline Co they said we needed a serial number off the window. Well, the sticker fell off, no serial number! I had to buy the window and glazing, and install it my self. The salesman said he would install it for 50 dollars!
Six months later, a smaller kitchen window pin rusted off and broke when I tried to clean it! Back to the lumber yard, they said that should not happen! I will contact the Co Rep. That was six months ago. No answer yet. I guess he still has the rusted pin.
To make a long story short, it is December, the outside temp is 24 degrees, and our curtains are blowing in the breeze.
I live about one and one half miles from the Silverline factory, in Marion Ohio. Would I buy Silverline windows. NO!
Thank you for letting me vent.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes