We bought our house new in 2003. The contractor has built about a hundred homes in our addition, all with Silverline windows. Most of the owners that can afford it, have replaced the windows.
My one living room window clouded up almost right away. I contacted the contractor, he said talk to my supplier. (a local owned lumber yard) They sent a man over to look at the window, he did agree the window needed replaced. He called Silverline Co they said we needed a serial number off the window. Well, the sticker fell off, no serial number! I had to buy the window and glazing, and install it my self. The salesman said he would install it for 50 dollars!
Six months later, a smaller kitchen window pin rusted off and broke when I tried to clean it! Back to the lumber yard, they said that should not happen! I will contact the Co Rep. That was six months ago. No answer yet. I guess he still has the rusted pin.
To make a long story short, it is December, the outside temp is 24 degrees, and our curtains are blowing in the breeze.
I live about one and one half miles from the Silverline factory, in Marion Ohio. Would I buy Silverline windows. NO!
Thank you for letting me vent.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Plant Containers to Make with Everyday Items
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Easy Ways to Revitalize Outdoor Furniture
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda