bathroom reno timeline
I am considering renovating the one and only bathroom in my small, semi-detached house. But since it's the only bathroom, what to do while the work is being done? I am/was hoping to do as much of the work as possible myself, with at least one pair of helping hands, but can anyone give me a realistic timeline for how long the work might take? The room is fairly small, about 5' X 8'. The tub, sink and toilet all need to be moved.
I just talked with a friend today who recently spent two weeks redoing a bathroom in a house he rents. He replaced the floor, moved the stool, moved the sink, ran new wiring, and probably redid the walls too. He did all this during his off hours from work, and told me there were many nights he was up past midnight. I should add that he's very experienced at this sort of thing. Less experience might equal more time.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!