Mold behind bathtub surround
I wouldn't risk a patch job when it comes to a situation involving water that's under pressure. Your problem could QUICKLY get worst!
The best you can do now is to get a couple of estimates. AT least 2. Talk to friends and neighbors for recommendations. Visit the Plumbing Aisle at the Home Center and ask the folks there if they know anyone that would do your job for side work. Tell them you can't afford a business-pro. After you get your estimate from EACH Pro, ask if there's a way you can save $$$, perhaps doing the demolition (if any). Maybe you could do the caulking, whatever. Just make sure you do your HOMEWORK to find out how to do whatever YOU do, right. Again, water under pressure is a hazard.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God BLess America!
Strange smell in home! HELP US!
Mold Behind Wallboard
Water damage to wall, does drywall need to be gutted ?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight