We have purchased an 1835 Regency cottage (one story and attic space) made of fieldstone in Ontario. We need tips on how to go about finding the right experts to guide us in restoring the home's interior and planning for the exterior landscaping. We want to keep it true to its period.
Any suggestions on websites or e-mail addresses or who to approach?
Most urgently, we need to deal with the existing windows, our kitchen and the landscape.
i don't mean to rock the boat but i didn't think 1835 was in the regency period? i thought the regent reigned until 1825? we in america got as close as georgian and the adam/federal. but the few regency houses we have came directly from england by people such as william jay how only made 2 true regency houses before modifying totally over himself. ahh actually here we had been charging at the greek revival for upwards of 10 years.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes