I bought a new fridge. It made a lot of noise. I returned the fridge to the store and got a new fridge, different model. It still makes a lot of noise. The salesman said my floor may be too thin. It may need to be reinforced.
I thought I could get a piece of 36" by 36" panelling, 1" thick and screw it to the floor and then place the fridge on top. Would this work? Does anyone know what I could do otherwise?
Personally I'd first check the existing floor for damage (water/rot), and check to see if the fridge is level, if it's not level you can adjust the legs to level it up. Good luck!
Leveling can cause problems. Instead of paneling, try to place some strips of thick carpeting or rubber cushions under the two back wheels and the front legs. This will absorb the sound much better than the paneling. Do NOT place carpet under the whole refrigerator or it will cause more problems down the road.Let us know if the problem still exists.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes