I bought a new fridge. It made a lot of noise. I returned the fridge to the store and got a new fridge, different model. It still makes a lot of noise. The salesman said my floor may be too thin. It may need to be reinforced.
I thought I could get a piece of 36" by 36" panelling, 1" thick and screw it to the floor and then place the fridge on top. Would this work? Does anyone know what I could do otherwise?
Personally I'd first check the existing floor for damage (water/rot), and check to see if the fridge is level, if it's not level you can adjust the legs to level it up. Good luck!
Leveling can cause problems. Instead of paneling, try to place some strips of thick carpeting or rubber cushions under the two back wheels and the front legs. This will absorb the sound much better than the paneling. Do NOT place carpet under the whole refrigerator or it will cause more problems down the road.Let us know if the problem still exists.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!