Kenmore not Drying
How about the dryer vent (all the way to the outdoors) and inside the dryer itself?
While poor air flow might have been the cause of intermittent heating, maybe something (thermal fuse, thermostat, burner ignitor, gas valve, etc.) has finally failed for good because of it or just on its own?
You can read a bit about gas dryer problems at the following link:
LINK > Gas Dryer Info.
The Appliance Information Site
I've lost all hope with Kenmore Dyers. Purchased a new set 8 yrs ago (Kenmore Elite) and in it's 5th year I noticed the dryer was not drying thoroughly. After awhile it quit drying altogether. Turned out we needed a new igniter to the tune of $100.00. Last month same thing happened again, so rather than repair it again for $200+ total I opted for a new one. (Washer motor burned up the week before. So I was having a run of bad luck with my Kenmore's.) Saleswoman at ***** said I had a 'lemon', and it should not have gone out twice like that before 8 yrs old. Well, I bought the Kenmore version of the Calypso washer, no problems so far. Bought Kenmore King Size Elite #73032 dryer with moisture sensor. After one month I've found the moisture sensor works sporadically. (Yes, vents are thoroughly cleaned twice yearly, lint trap after each load.)
I give up on Kenmores. ***** wanted me to call service, but after only 5 weeks of ownership I said 'No thanks, I want to return it.' I feel if this problem arose so early I've only got more troubles ahead. So I'm looking at other brands. I know lots of people who love their Kenmore's, but I just don't have time to deal with repairing new appliances or replacing ones that are only 8 yrs. old.
dryer not drying...this is what i've done so far..
UPDATE: dryer not drying...this is what i've done so...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!