Why do I get what appear to be burn marks on wood that I rip cut on my table saw? This seems to happen even though I'm using a sharp carbide blade. It looks to me like the blade flexes while I'm cutting which causes friction and leaves the burn marks on the wood. This does not happen when I crosscut the wood.
Any ideas ?
If the blade is really as sharp as it should be, then the answer may be that it's not perfectly square. Either the fence is not parallel to the blade or the blade is not positioned correctly. There's no reason why the blade should bend if everything is lined up right.
Are you using a rip blade? I usually use a combination rip/crosscut blade for table saw work. Your blade might, also, be dirty with resin buildup. Clean it up. One other thing, you get what you pay for with blades. I've found if I pay more for a good blade, it saves me tons of work after the cut and they last longer too. Most likely, you need a new blade because if it's gotten that hot, that many times, it's burned up anyway.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!