Why do I get what appear to be burn marks on wood that I rip cut on my table saw? This seems to happen even though I'm using a sharp carbide blade. It looks to me like the blade flexes while I'm cutting which causes friction and leaves the burn marks on the wood. This does not happen when I crosscut the wood.
Any ideas ?
If the blade is really as sharp as it should be, then the answer may be that it's not perfectly square. Either the fence is not parallel to the blade or the blade is not positioned correctly. There's no reason why the blade should bend if everything is lined up right.
Are you using a rip blade? I usually use a combination rip/crosscut blade for table saw work. Your blade might, also, be dirty with resin buildup. Clean it up. One other thing, you get what you pay for with blades. I've found if I pay more for a good blade, it saves me tons of work after the cut and they last longer too. Most likely, you need a new blade because if it's gotten that hot, that many times, it's burned up anyway.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!