weight a wood beam will carry
Lot's of kinds of wood in this world - all with different peculiarities.
A fifteen foot sapn is likely to require a man-made LVL or glulam. You give no details about what it will support. Roof only?
or just taking the bounce out of some floor joists midspan with no actaul loading?
header for three stories above?
Complete plans are necessary for complete answer but a generic rule of themb would call for this beam in fir to be a 4 x 18 or 4 x 16
solid wood floor meets sliding glass door
Center cut, rectangular, shower basin
Changing gas fireplace to a wood-burning fireplace
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!