I am trying to make a table for my kids play room for their arts and crafts. I would like something like a murphy bed where the table would pull down from the wall and have some shelving to store their crayons--markers--glue etc. Any ideas or plans?
Wood magazine did something similar for one of there workshop design projects. You might want to nose around their website.
You might want to look at the pull-down ironing boards they sell in many stores. (I think I've seen them in Lowe's.) It will give you some ideas.
Family Handyman magazine had plans a few issues ago where they used a solid door, attached to the wall with hinges, and used threaded black pipe for the legs.
Good luck -Steve
The table can stay against the wall when not in use. When you want to use it, you thread the legs into the couplings on the bottom of the tabletop, and you now have the legs!
Good luck -Steve
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING