I am trying to make a table for my kids play room for their arts and crafts. I would like something like a murphy bed where the table would pull down from the wall and have some shelving to store their crayons--markers--glue etc. Any ideas or plans?
Wood magazine did something similar for one of there workshop design projects. You might want to nose around their website.
You might want to look at the pull-down ironing boards they sell in many stores. (I think I've seen them in Lowe's.) It will give you some ideas.
Family Handyman magazine had plans a few issues ago where they used a solid door, attached to the wall with hinges, and used threaded black pipe for the legs.
Good luck -Steve
The table can stay against the wall when not in use. When you want to use it, you thread the legs into the couplings on the bottom of the tabletop, and you now have the legs!
Good luck -Steve
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!