I am trying to make a table for my kids play room for their arts and crafts. I would like something like a murphy bed where the table would pull down from the wall and have some shelving to store their crayons--markers--glue etc. Any ideas or plans?
Wood magazine did something similar for one of there workshop design projects. You might want to nose around their website.
You might want to look at the pull-down ironing boards they sell in many stores. (I think I've seen them in Lowe's.) It will give you some ideas.
Family Handyman magazine had plans a few issues ago where they used a solid door, attached to the wall with hinges, and used threaded black pipe for the legs.
Good luck -Steve
The table can stay against the wall when not in use. When you want to use it, you thread the legs into the couplings on the bottom of the tabletop, and you now have the legs!
Good luck -Steve
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love