I am trying to make a table for my kids play room for their arts and crafts. I would like something like a murphy bed where the table would pull down from the wall and have some shelving to store their crayons--markers--glue etc. Any ideas or plans?
Wood magazine did something similar for one of there workshop design projects. You might want to nose around their website.
You might want to look at the pull-down ironing boards they sell in many stores. (I think I've seen them in Lowe's.) It will give you some ideas.
Family Handyman magazine had plans a few issues ago where they used a solid door, attached to the wall with hinges, and used threaded black pipe for the legs.
Good luck -Steve
The table can stay against the wall when not in use. When you want to use it, you thread the legs into the couplings on the bottom of the tabletop, and you now have the legs!
Good luck -Steve
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide